2016 Open Enrollment – Active Employees
Open Enrollment for active employees is underway now through Friday, November 13. All changes to coverage requested during Open Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2016.
The following information is for active Baltimore County employees only. Learn more about Retiree Open Enrollment.
Important Vendor Changes
Cigna Pharmacy Replaces Express Scripts
- Effective January 1, Cigna will replace Express Scripts as the pharmacy benefits manager for all Cigna medical plans.
- The plan designs, including copays and co-insurance for the Cigna Medical and Prescription plans will not change for 2016. If you're enrolled in a Cigna Medical plan (OAP or OAPIN) and don't make any changes during Open Enrollment, Cigna Pharmacy benefits will be automatically included with your Cigna Medical plan.
- With Cigna pharmacy, you’ll receive phone and online support 24 hours a day. Your prescription needs are easy to manage at home or on the go with myCigna.com and the myCigna Mobile App. Customer service specialists are waiting to help you at 1-800-896-0948.
- New card effective January 1: Your new Cigna OAP and OAPIN card including prescription coverage will arrive in late December. This will be the only card you will need for both Medical and Pharmacy benefits. Don’t forget to show your new card to your pharmacist and your provider’s office starting January 1, 2016.
New Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Provider, New Cards
- Baltimore County is pleased to welcome Benefit Strategies, LLC as our new FSA provider. This means that healthcare or dependent care plans that you select during Open Enrollment will be administered by Benefit Strategies, LLC effective January 1.
- Employees who enroll in an FSA during Open Enrollment will receive personalized welcome materials and a new FlexExpress© VISA Debit Card in late December. Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and daycare require re-enrollment every year.
- Important: TASC, our current administrator, will continue to administer all remaining balances in your accounts for the 2015 plan year. Claims for funds in your 2015 accounts must be for services incurred on or before the end of the grace period, March 15, 2016. All claims for the 2015 plan year must be submitted to TASC by April 30, 2016.
Overview of Benefit Plan Choices
We continue to offer the following plans for Active Employees.
Medical Plans (Pharmacy Included)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In-Network (OAPIN)
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- CareFirst BCBS Traditional Dental
- CareFirst BCBS Preferred Dental PPO
- Cigna Dental Care HMO
- CareFirst Davis Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic, Legacy and Additional Life Insurance
Who Must Re-enroll During Open Enrollment 2016
You will be required to re-enroll online if any of the following applies to you:
- You want to enroll in a Medical, Dental or Vision plan for the first time.
- You want to change your Medical, Dental or Vision plan election.
- You need to add an eligible dependent to your benefit plan(s).
- You need to remove a dependent who is no longer eligible for benefits.
- You want to continue or enroll in a Flexible Spending Account for Day Care Expenses or for Health Care Expenses.
Online Enrollment Process
Baltimore County continues to offer the Employee Self Service (ESS) system that allows you to enroll in County benefits and to request changes to your benefits during Open Enrollment at www.baltimorecountymd.gov/mybenefits. When accessing ESS, continue to use the same password as you have been when viewing your paycheck.
If you have questions about your user ID or password, please contact the Service Desk at 410-887-8200.
- If you are enrolled in a Cigna Medical plan (OAP or OAPIN) and you do not wish to make any changes during Open Enrollment, the Cigna Pharmacy benefits will be automatically included with your Cigna Medical plan.
- If you do not need to make any changes to your benefits, your current plans and dependents on your plans will be continued for the 2016 plan year.
- Flexible Spending Accounts require re-enrollment every year.
Open Enrollment Meetings
View the complete schedule of Open Enrollment meeting dates, times and locations.
Revised October 8, 2015