2017 Open Enrollment—Active Employees
Open Enrollment for active employees begins Tuesday, October 11 through Friday, November 11. All changes to coverage requested during Open Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2017.
The following information is for active Baltimore County employees only. Learn more about retiree Open Enrollment.
Overview of Benefit Plan Choices
We continue to offer the following plans for Active Employees.
Medical Plans (Pharmacy Included)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In-Network (OAPIN)
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- CareFirst BCBS Traditional Dental
- CareFirst BCBS Preferred Dental PPO
- Cigna Dental Care HMO
- CareFirst Davis Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic, Legacy and Additional Life Insurance
Who Must Re-enroll During Open Enrollment 2017
You will be required to re-enroll online if any of the following applies to you:
- You want to enroll in a Medical, Dental or Vision plan for the first time.
- You want to change your Medical, Dental or Vision plan election.
- You need to add an eligible dependent to your benefit plan(s).
- You need to remove a dependent who is no longer eligible for benefits.
- You want to continue or enroll in a Flexible Spending Account for Day Care Expenses or for Health Care Expenses.
Online Enrollment Process
Baltimore County continues to offer the Employee Self Service (ESS) system that allows you to enroll in County benefits and to request changes to your benefits during Open Enrollment at www.baltimorecountymd.gov/mybenefits. When accessing ESS, continue to use the same password as you have been when viewing your paycheck.
If you have questions about your user ID or password, please contact the Service Desk at 410-887-8200.
- If you do not need to make any changes to your benefits, your current plans and dependents on your plans will be continued for the 2017 plan year.
- Flexible Spending Accounts require re-enrollment every year.
Open Enrollment Meetings
View the complete schedule of Open Enrollment meeting dates, times and locations.