Benefit Plan Enrollment
2014 Open Enrollment
For Baltimore County Employees and Retirees Only
Baltimore County Government will hold its annual Open Enrollment for benefit plans from Tuesday, October 15 through Friday, November 15, 2013. All changes to coverage requested during Open Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2014.
Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and day care require re-enrollment every year.
- Baltimore County's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is now administered by Cigna. Access it at www.cignabehavioral.com and use the Employer ID Baltimore.
- Baltimore County's Flexible Spending Account (FSA) program is now administered by the Total Administrative Services Corporation (TASC). Access your account at www.tasconline.com.
Overview of Benefit Plan Choices
We continue to offer the following plans:
- Cigna Open Access Plus In-Network
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- CareFirst BCBS Traditional Dental
- CareFirst BCBS Preferred Dental PPO
- CIGNA Dental Care HMO
- CareFirst Davis Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic, Legacy and Additional Life Insurance
Retiree Medicare Plans
- Cigna Medicare Surround
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus
Open Enrollment Meetings
This year’s meetings will give employees and retirees the opportunity to meet individually with all plan representatives. The meetings will also include plan materials and promotional items as well as healthy lifestyle information. View the list of dates, times and locations.
Review Your Current Benefits
Benefit Confirmation Statements will be mailed in early October to employees and retirees at their home addresses. Please review your statement carefully, as it identifies your current benefits, and current and new costs for those benefits.
Who Must Re-enroll During Open Enrollment 2014
You will be required to re-enroll online if any of the following applies to you:
- You want to enroll in a Medical, Dental or Vision plan for the first time.
- You want to change your health or dental plan election.
- You need to add an eligible dependent to your benefit plan(s).
- You need to remove a dependent who is no longer eligible for benefits.
- You want to continue or enroll in a Flexible Spending Account for Day Care Expenses or for Health Care Expenses.
Online Enrollment Process
Baltimore County continues to offer the Employee Self Service (ESS) system that allows you to enroll in County benefits and to request changes to your benefits during Open Enrollment at www.baltimorecountymd.gov/mybenefits . Information and enrollment instructions can be found in the back of the 2014 Benefit Guide. When accessing ESS, continue to use your current password as you have been when viewing your paycheck.
If you have questions about your user ID or password, please contact the Service Desk at 410-887-8200.
Active Employees are required to enroll online. Retirees continue to have the option of a paper enrollment application or online enrollment. If you are retired and you wish to complete a paper application, contact the Insurance Division at 410-887-2568 or 1-800-274-4302.
Important: Once you have made your final selections in ESS be sure to select the “finish” button in section five. Once you select the finish button you may not change your enrollment. You may check your benefits in ESS at anytime throughout the year by selecting Benefits/Deductions under the My Info tab.
Revised October 10, 2013