Retired Senior Volunteer Program
Talented? Motivated? Over 55?
Are you seeking to make a difference within your community by utilizing your experience and skills to become a part of the solution to a problem facing us today?
If you answered "Yes," then please accept this invitation to serve as an RSVP Volunteer.
You would be joining a group of 1200 volunteers serving Baltimore County through the Retired and Senior Program (RSVP), a key component of Senior Corps, which is overseen by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
As an RSVP volunteer, you can and will make a difference in the lives of the people you touch. To learn more call 410-887-3101 or email email@example.com. An online RSVP Volunteer Application (PDF) can also be completed, printed, signed and submitted to RSVP, 611 Central Avenue, Towson, Maryland, 21204.
Examples of how you may utilize your talents include the following:
- Repair seniors homes and make accessibility modifications
- Perform on-line job searches for the unemployed
- Plant trees or clean streams
- Assist kindergarten children in their classrooms
- Tutor elementary children
- Assist nursing home residents with activities and friendly visits
- Prepare taxes
- Educate the community about how to decrease energy usage
- Teach about nature and gardening
- Advocate for foster care children
- Pack food at a food pantry
- Lead classes in senior centers or monitor fitness centers
Home Team Program Volunteers Wanted
Volunteer to assist homebound seniors in your neighborhood.
Local Watershed Associations
Department of Environmental Protection and Resource Management in partnership with local watershed associations offers volunteering opportunities to help the environment.
Revised October 31, 2014