Retired Senior Volunteer Program
Make a Difference in the Lives of Others with RSVP
Are you seeking to make a difference within your community by utilizing your experience and skills to help create a stronger, healthier Baltimore County? If you answered "Yes," then please accept this invitation to serve as a volunteer with the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Baltimore County!
RSVP of Baltimore County is composed of over 1,200 active senior volunteers, aged 55 or older, who are dedicated to making a difference in their communities by supporting local government agencies, nonprofit organizations, faith-based community services and proprietary health care organizations. RSVP volunteers are able to serve in one or more capacities including: service to veterans and military families, healthy futures, education, economic empowerment, and environmental stewardship. With over 50 volunteer stations across Baltimore County, the opportunities to create an impact in the lives of others are endless.
RSVP volunteers uplift communities by allowing existing organizations to strengthen outreach and expand their community services by providing much needed support from dedicated volunteers. If you would like to learn more about RSVP or how you can get involved, please call 410-887-3101 or email email@example.com. An online RSVP Volunteer Application (PDF) can also be completed, printed, signed and submitted to: RSVP, 611 Central Avenue, Towson, Maryland, 21204.
Utilize Your Talents
Examples of how you may utilize your talents include the following:
- Allow a handicapped person to live comfortably in their own home by adding accessibility accommodations
- Lend a helping hand to the unemployed by assisting them with their job search
- Ensure that children do not go home hungry by providing free meals for youth
- Assist with instruction in kindergarten classrooms
- Tutor and/or mentor low-income and at-risk youth
- Provide friendly visits and lend support for activities of nursing home residents
- Prepare taxes for residents of Baltimore County
- Educate the community about how to decrease energy usage
- Teach communities about how to maintain gardens and nature areas in the Baltimore region
- Advocate on behalf of foster care children
- Pack and/or distribute food for food insecure families at local food pantries
- Lead activity classes at senior centers and/or monitor fitness centers
Home Team Program Volunteers Wanted
Volunteer to assist homebound seniors in your neighborhood.
Search for a more conclusive list of opportunities associated with RSVP in your zip code.
Revised July 7, 2015