Services to the Community
Energize your Life with the programs and activities of the Baltimore County Department of Aging! Take a few moments to view this video to find out about the life-changing services and programs of the Department.
- Maryland Access Point (MAP) - The point of entry for information about services and benefits available to seniors, adults with disabilities, their families, caregivers and professionals. Formerly Senior Information and Assistance. Send an email to email@example.com or call 410-887-2594.
- Caregivers Program - Information and consultations for the caregiver.
- CountyRide - Department of Aging's transportation program.
- State Health Insurance Counseling - Medicare and health insurance counseling.
- Health and Wellness Programs - Health education and screenings offered in senior centers.
- Community Outreach Specialists - Case managers provide assistance to homebound seniors.
- Guardianship - Where no family is available to assist.
- Employment - Find out more about the Senior Community Service Employment Program.
- Legal Services for Senior Citizens Program - For non-fee generating issues.
- Senior Centers - 20 centers located throughout the county.
- The Time of Your Life Television Show - Information on county programs and issues affecting the older adult.
- Home Delivered Meals - Delivered through Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc.
- Eating Together Program - Meals served at senior centers and senior housing units.
- Center Connection Program - For less active seniors at senior centers.
- Senior Digest - The Baltimore County Department of Aging's newspaper.
- Senior Expo - Senior Expo/Baby Boomer Expo is the Department of Aging's exciting two-day information and resource exposition.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocates for residents of long-term care facilities.
- Baltimore County Home Team Program - Volunteers provide friendly visiting and telephone reassurance to homebound seniors.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) - Seniors matched with rewarding volunteer positions.
- Tax Assistance for Seniors - Assistance in preparing income tax returns.
- Housing - Housing options including senior apartments, assisted living, retirement communities, and nursing homes.
- Volunteers - Program and website to link volunteers with opportunities.
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Options Waiver Program - Services provided in the community rather than in a nursing home.
- Publications - The Department of Aging publishes many booklets and brochures, including the Community Resources book.
- Senior Box Office - Tickets for many events at a discounted rate.
Revised March 24, 2016
Revised April 6, 2016