Ombudsman Lending Library Policies and Procedures
- The Lending Library is free of lending charges, but requires a fully refundable deposit of $35 (with a business or personal check) to secure a videotape/ DVD/ printed material.
- An overdue charge of $5 per day will accrue for each day tape or material is late for the first two days following the due date. On the third overdue day the facility will be notified that its loan privileges will be terminated for at least one year if the tape or material is not returned by the next business day. If material(s) are not returned the renting privileges will be suspended until further notice.
- The Lending Library is available to any licensed or license pending nursing home or assisted living facility in Baltimore County.
- A facility may borrow only one tape/ DVD or printed material packet at a time.
- A facility may call one working day in advance to request/reserve a tape or print material packet.
- Materials may be borrowed for a period of one week (from pickup to return).
- Videotapes/ DVDs cannot be copied, but printed material may be reproduced (original must be returned).
- There is no penalty for returning a defective tape. The deposit left will be applied to a replacement.
- If you so desire, a lecturer or presenter can be scheduled along with the videotape to enhance the training and lead discussions.
- If you borrow a videotape, please rewind it before returning it.
- The Baltimore County Department of Aging does not provide equipment with which to show videotapes or DVDs.
Bykota Senior Center, Room 224
611 Central Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
Lending Library Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., except for days the Department of Aging is closed.
Specialized Service Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Revised August 12, 2013