Medicare 2014 Fact Sheet
A, B and D Cost Changes
Part A Costs
Part A Monthly Premium:
- If worked 40 or more quarters generally no Part A premium
- If worked less quarters there is a premium for A:
$426/month 0 to 29 quarters
$234/month 30 to 39 quarters
Hospital Stay Deductible and Costs:
- $1,216 Deductible (for each benefit period)
- $304 per day For days 61 thru 90 (for each benefit period)
- $608 For lifetime reserve days (after each 90 day benefit period, up to 60 days over your lifetime)
Skilled Nursing Facility Stay:
- $0 For the first 20 days each benefit period
- $152 per day 21 to 100 days in benefit period
Part B Costs
Part B Monthly Premium:
- $104.90 If income is under $85,000 single; $170,000 couple.
Part B Deductible:
- The first $147 yearly.
Assistance with Medicare Part D
- 2014 Benchmark $32.34
(If premium is over the benchmark by $2 or less, some standard plans do not charge the difference)
- Full Extra Help 100 percent FPL Generic $1.20; Brand $3.60
- Full Extra Help Over 100 percent FPL Generic $2.50; Brand $6.35
2014 Standard Medicare D Plan:
- A monthly premium
- Maybe a deductible no more than $310
- Initial coverage period until the full cost of drugs total $2,850 is spent, then coverage gap period known as the donut hole begins. Brand drugs are discounted by 52 and 1/2 percent and generics by 21 percent in the gap.
- Catastrophic coverage period when total out of pocket threshold is $4,550 (full cost of drugs $6,350) when drugs cost five percent or less.
Revised December 10, 2013