Department of Aging
Senior Housing Options
- Moderately priced senior apartments offer independent living.
- Retirement communities vary in the types and extent of services they provide.
- What is Assisted Living?: Provides a description of and check-list for assisted living.
- A listing of assisted living facilities is available online for those needing moderate levels of care.
- What to Look for in a Nursing Home Provides an overview and check-list for nursing homes.
- A Listing of Nursing Homes in Baltimore County is available online for those who need skilled medical services.
- The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program advocates for residents of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other similar long term care facilities.
Revised June 12, 2012