Many financial resources are available for older adults living in Baltimore County.
- The Benefits Roster is a listing of various programs and financial eligibility requirements, including food stamps, Medicaid Waiver program, Maryland Energy Assistance Program, etc.
- Accessible Homes for Seniors is a program offering deferred zero interest, 30 year loans to seniors who wish to make their homes accessible.
- There is also information about Medicare, including what it covers, deductibles and co-payments, and the new Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- The Homeowners and Renters Tax Credit Programs offer savings on taxes or rent to those who qualify.
- The Medicaid Waiver program is accepting names for its Registry, and will notify those on the list if additional slots become available.
For additional information, contact Maryland Access Point of Baltimore County at 410-887-2594 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Tax Aide Counseling
The Baltimore County Department of Aging is fortunate to have the AARP TAX AIDE program, staffed by volunteers, to help senior citizens with their tax preparations.
AARP Tax Aide volunteers assist seniors at the majority of the Baltimore County Senior Centers, as well as other off-site locations. Last year 130 Tax Aide volunteers prepared tax returns and completed earned income tax credit forms for over 4,000 clients. The average savings of $150 per tax preparation fee totaled approximately $600,000 in savings.
Revised February 7, 2013