CountyRide Shopping Shuttle
The Baltimore County Department of Aging's CountyRide program provides a Shopping Shuttle program. The destination may change from month to month to give participants a selection of shopping experiences. The Shopping Shuttle may go to grocery stores, malls, or individual stores, depending on what the coordinator requests.
Participants may use the shopping shuttle in their area of the county at least once per month. A shopping coordinator will organize the shopping program for each area. Contact CountyRide for details about the coordinator in a specific area.
When participants arrive at their shopping destination, approximately 1- 1/2 hours will be allowed for shopping. Frozen foods and other perishables should be picked up last or a thermal container brought along to preserve them. The Shopping Shuttle driver will discuss return pick-up time and location with the Shuttle participants.
Who Should Use the Shopping Shuttle
- Those who need a ride to the store
- Those who like to shop with a friend
- Those who can't carry all their packages
- Those who would like to use a cart but don't want the hassle of loading and unloading it into their car
- Those who find parking a problem
Cost of the Shopping Shuttle
- Shopping trips will cost the same amount as any other trip, one ticket ($2.50) or three dollars cash each way.
- Only registered CountyRide clients may participate in this program.
- Call 410-887-2080 for more information.
Revised July 10, 2014