CountyRide provides specialized transportation services to Baltimore County residents 60+ years of age, persons with disabilities ages 18-59, and rural residents of all ages. Destinations include medical appointments, shopping and other general purpose trips.
CountyRide's buses have easy, low-step entrances, and all can accommodate wheelchairs. Escorts may accompany riders needing special assistance at no additional cost. Each CountyRide driver has a commercial driver's license with a passenger endorsement indicating that he or she has passed special written and road tests. All receive ongoing monitoring, training and biannual certification in CPR and first aid. Drivers wear uniforms and vehicles are clearly marked for easy identification.
CountyRide's transportation program receives the financial support of 16 medical facilities that contribute to the public/ private partnership program. They are:
- Franklin Square Hospital Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Kernan Hospital
- Kennedy Krieger Spinal Institute
- The League for the Handicapped
- Maryland General Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center
- Northwest Hospital Center
- St. Agnes Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Union Memorial Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center
For additional information about transportation for seniors, disabled individuals or rural residents in Baltimore County, refer to the appropriate web pages:
- Eligibility for CountyRide
- Registering for CountyRide
- CountyRide Fares and Ticket Information
- Request-a-Trip / Reservations
- Supplemental Programs, including Priority One.
- Shopping Shuttle
Additional information may be obtained by calling 410-887-2080 or you may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information and procedures regarding CountyRide are subject to change.
Registration forms may be faxed, mailed or hand delivered to the CountyRide office, at 611 Central Avenue, Towson, 21204.
- CountyRide - A Bridge to Independence (PDF)
- CountyRide - General Information (PDF)
- CountyRide Registration (PDF)
Revised August 7, 2013